Every man dies, not every man really lives

Friday, August 28, 2009

Chapter XIX

The company of Elves approached the eves followed by the peoples of Middle-Earth. The boats were prepared to move. The Sea elves were on board ready to sail also. King Manwe had one boat made for himself and all the royal elves. The elves all climbed on the boats and looked one last time on Middle-Earth.
Legolas approached the boat and let all the other elves climb on board. He then turned around and looked at a small hobbit.Eruanna approached crying. Her tears were many. Legolas knelt and put his hand on her shoulder.
"Hey!" he said, "Look at me."

Eruanna looked at him.
"You've got to be strong. Your the one I'm gonna miss the most."

"Ya don't gotta go!" she said desperately. "Stay with us. What am I gonna do without you!" she said putting her hands on her head and crying.

"Hey! You listen to me. Your gonna do without me. Your gonna live for a long time, and your gonna be 'appy. Alright?"

Eruanna nodded her head.

"I'll miss you." said the elf. He gave her a hug and walked slowly backwards looking at her. He turned around and climbed on board. He looked back at her and smiled. This was the last Eruanna ever saw of the elf for many years. The ships set sail and Eruanna witnessed the last voyage of the elves.
Eruanna went back to the shire alone after all the hobbits and was walking down the road with a slow pace when a wagon stopped next to her. She looked up and saw a familiar face.

"Gandalf!" said the hobbit.
Gandalf opened his mouth and laughed.

Eraunna laughed and jumped onto the wagon hugging the old wizard.
"I thought you were killed by an orc? You said so in my dream!" said Eruanna.
"Oh," said Gandalf a bit nervous. "Well, about that..." Erauanna looked at him wondering what all this was about.
"Well, I always wanted to make people think that I was dead and make them dramatic when they saw me and so I thought I'd try it."
Eruanna looked at him and hit him on his arm as Gandalf laughed.

They talked over the war and many other topics which only Hobbits bring up.

Eruanna then turned to him and said, "Gandalf do you think I'll ever see Legolas again?"

"Well I think so. You see Hobbits are so willful. In your case foolhardy." said Gandalf as Eruanna hit his arm.
"Gandalf," said Eruanna. "I'm glad I'm back."

So our story has finally come to it's end. If I were to look through all of time and space I think I could find one way which describes the ending for any story, and they lived happily ever after.

Or in this case, until the adventure is continued........
~The end~

Written by D.J.M.

No comments: